Founders Set the Tone: The Power of Character, Culture, and Commitment in Startups
Committing to the impossible is at the heart of the entrepreneur. As you take on this herculean task, remember that you establish the framework for everything - from expected working hours to prioritizing business objectives. Here are 10 thoughts to help you succeed.
10. There must be a connection between the entrepreneur and the potential investor.
9. Starting is the presence of hope, and the ending is the absence of hope.
8. Decade-long relationships are more valuable than money. When I made this mistake, I've lost.
7. The entrepreneur's best advisor spends more time on encouragement and less on advice.
6. The right people offer little compromise and bring much to the party.
5. Many successful entrepreneurs lack experience but make up for it in energy. If they knew what was ahead of them, they would never start.
4. People who know their idea will be the seed that grows the mighty oak of a company.
3. The successful entrepreneur seeks advice, analyzes it, and makes a decision. She is not born of tremulous indecision.
2. Angel investing is fun. Smart, motivated, and idealistic people always surround you.
1. How can a founder effectively balance their personal investment, company culture, and team management to achieve ambitious goals in a startup?